By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "These guys were professional, caring, and a lot of fun! They made the process as enjoyable as possible. A+ for Customer Satisfaction! They work like a fine oiled machine and care a great deal for one another."
P.H., September 2015
- "All individuals during the entire process were outstanding. From Scott Johnson in Sales, to Cindy in Operations, Josh the Driver, George his packer and right hand man, they were all the best we have worked with in the 5 moves we have made in our lives. We will request Josh and George to finish the second part of our move to Scottsdale later this year from storage."
J.S., June 2015
- "Everyone was excellent, especially the packers, as we had no damage with our possessions. Cindy Maiello, our Personal Move Manager, was outstanding. She kept in touch with us all the way through our move and made the process very smooth."
G.C., June 2015
- "The packing crew did an excellent job! They were friendly, respectful, and took good care of our belongings. We couldn't have asked for a better crew. They did a great job covering the floors and banisters. The driver explained the inventory process and all of the paperwork. The crew was very careful with the furniture and they took their time with the heavy pieces. Everything went very smoothly and there were no issues."
R.L., June 2015
- "I would like to thank all who worked on my move. A special thank you to Amanda Cesar who took the time and care to assure me every step of the way. This was my first move in many years and her kindness meant a great deal to me. Thank you!"
J.S., June 2015